Flu is an influenza virus that is the cause of contagious respiratory illness. It affects the nose, throat and lungs. In winter season flu is a common disease. Everyone should have to face influenza(flu) in his/her life. A person in front of us cannot understand, how much difficulty we are facing. People consider it a small disease but they have no idea what is happening inside our body. Severe fever is in the cause of flu and then it turned to pneumonia.
Symptoms of flu:
I am going to explain the few symptoms of flu:
- Pain in eyes
- A lot of sneezing
These are the few symptoms of flu.
Symptoms of flu in adults:
- Adults with that symptoms should get treated urgently.
- Feeling difficulty when taking breath
- Feeling heavy chest
- Fever and cough
Symptoms of flu in children:
- Feeling difficulty while taking breath
- Chest pain
- Bluish lips and cheeks
Symptoms of flu in babies:
- Do not wake up
- Take fast breathe
- Difficulty in taking breathe
If the babies have these symptoms then they need urgently medical treatment.
How flu spreads?
Yes, it is true flu spread from one person to another. Flu virus spread by Tiny drops made when a person with flu talks, sneeze or cough. These drops land in the mouth and noses of the nearby people. A person may get the flu virus by touching a person or object that has a flu virus and then touching to your face and mouth. Flu spread is most common in children, they get flu virus.
Types of Flu:
Four types of Influenza virus
- Flu Type A
- Flu Type B
- Flu Type C
- Flu Type D
Symptoms of flu “Type A”:
In united states, flu is common or widespread in winter season. It is the only type that can cause pandemic. Bird flu and swine flu both are resulted from type A influenza virus.
Here are some symptoms of type A:
- A sensation of cold that often marks the start of infection and development of fever
- Pain in different parts of body
- Sore in throat
Symptoms of flu “Type B”:
Type A and B are widespread. It takes less time to spread from people to people. It is similar to “Type A”. It causes only seasonal epidemics that effects only humans.
- Feel unwell
- Dry cough
- Stuffy nose
- Throat sore
- Muscle pain
- Body pain
- Extreme tiredness
Symptoms of flu “Type C”:
It causes only mild illness.
Symptoms of flu “Type D”:
Type D influenza virus only affects the cattle. It has no effect on human.
Duration time of flu:
In adults, flu lasts three to seven days. If it lasts more than seven days then you should have to consult with your doctor and start your treatment. Some people say that it was not good to prevent a flu. If it lasts more than seven days then you need an urgent treatment.
How can we treat it?
- Flu vaccination
- Use Antiviral Drugs to prevent this virus
- Home remedies
Influenza is a serious disease sometimes that can lead to even death. Every flu season is different and infection differently affects the people. Annual flu vaccine is the best way to protect from this infection. You should get flu vaccine before it spread in your area.
- Some people should not vaccinate:
Different flu vaccines are approved for use in different age people. Some vaccines are not recommended for the certain age group.
What are the Antiviral Drugs?
Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (Pills, Liquid etc) that fight with the flu virus in your body. Antiviral drugs are not sold without prescription that is recommend you by a doctor. There is difference between antibiotics and antiviral drugs, Antibiotics fight against the bacterial Infection.
If you have an allergy from something, avoid to go to near it, if needed then cover your mouth with mask. Everyone has different types of allergy like:
- If you have dust allergy then avoid to go outside
- If is it an urgent then wear a mask
- If you have a food allergy then avoid it
- Firstly, you should examine from which type of food you have an allergy
Take green tea:
- You can take the green tea it helps to prevent the virus.
- Add the lemon juice 1 to 2 tbsp.
- Take ginger juice from market or you can make it home. You can eat the ginger it also helps, but the best is to take ginger juice
- Take 2 cup of water and boil it when you see the water is getting dry and remain only 1 cup
- Add some tea
- Add sugar (if you want)
- Add lemon juice
It will helpful for you.
- Take a water in large amount then boil it. When it gets too hot
- Put it another pot
- Take a big towel
- Spread the towel on you (make sure don’t leave any space)
- Take a steam for 15 to 20 minutes
- According to my experience, I have a dust allergy. Doctor recommends me to eat a lot of ice-cream, and drink cold juices. It was helpful for me.
Note: I am not recommending you, ask your doctor to use this remedy.
Roasted gram (Roasted Chana):
- Eat a lot of Roasted Chana will prevent the flu.
- Take glass of lukewarm water
- Add 2 tbsp honey
- Mix it well
And drink it
- Take 2 glass of water
- Boil the water
- When you see water is getting dry and it remains only 1 cup
- Then add the Ajowan Caraway (Ajwain) 2tbsp
- Add sugar (if you want)
And drink it