What is a pre-workout and How to perform a workout with perfection? A Pre-workout is any activity, meal, drink or supplement that you take before any workout. It is important to feed your body with something before you do any physical activity. If you do a workout regularly, you need to know about pre-workout because your energy must be high to endure the hardships of the workout. In this way, best pre-workout prevents your muscles from getting fatigued and it imparts an immense amount of energy in your body.
To reach your ultimate goal during any workout, let me inform you some of the best pre-workout supplements such as Creatine, Beta-Alanine and Citrulline depending upon the type of workout. These supplements will boost your endurance level to meet any physical activities. Once you follow a pre-workout meal plan or supplements, nothing will stop you in achieving your goals.
What Should You Take in a Pre-Workout?
Pre-workout largely depends on the type of exercise you are about to perform. The basic purpose of any pre-workout is to build some muscle and to boost the energy level. Protein and carbohydrates should be key elements in any pre-workout meal or supplements because they will help you to build strong muscles. Let us dig more into the types of pre-workout.
As a Meal
There are some guidelines for any pre-workout meal which gives you enormous energy to complete your workout without being tired. I’ll highly recommend eating protein and carbs rich meal. A meal with protein will strengthen your muscles and the carb-rich meal will provide increase the glycogen level which in turn uplift the energy level to perform a successful workout.
- Every meal should possess some notable things such as tuna, brown rice and chicken.
- The meal should be of 300 calories.
- Take your pre-workout meal 2-3 hours before your workout.
- Your meal should contain all the rich ingredients instead of artificial sweeteners and ingredients.
As a Snack
Snack is usually taken in between your lunch and dinner. In order to get all the treasures and the maximum benefit from a workout, the snack should possess the following parameters;
- You should take your snack 30 minutes before your workout.
- The snack should be light so that It can be easily digested in a limited time.
You can choose a perfect snack which contains protein and carbs as a major component. However, for your ease, I would like you to choose any of the following snacks.
- A banana
- One boiled egg
- A small cup of berries
- Peanut butter on rice cakes.
As a Supplement
Nowadays, many people rely on workout supplements to a great extent as they are helpful in increasing your training volume and make you unable to do extra reps and sets. It is always important to choose supplements wisely. I’m going to share the top three pre-workout supplement that you can use without any hesitation as many studies back them.
If you are passionate to perform the best workout, I’ll advise you to use creatine as a pre-workout supplement. Various studies and researches have proved this. However, our body makes creatine naturally which is not in a significant amount to tackle the hard exercise. Researches showed that creatine plays a vital role in boosting the energy level of the body and it is safe to use as a pre-workout supplement.
In my list caffeine is in second place. Caffeine is a psychoactive drug or a legal drug which is naturally present in coffee and tea. It plays a positive impact in central nervous system CNS, and thus it improves the power output and performance during any workout.
Citrulline is an essential amino acid, and it is produced naturally in the body. According to some recent researches, citrulline can;
- Increase the blood flow in the tissues.
- Boosts the energy level.
- Provides nutrients and oxygen to the tissues.
During any workout, you lose a great amount of water in the form of sweating. To meet with this decline in water level, you need to drink a lot of water before any workout. It will keep you hydrated and let you do your best throughout a workout.
Best Pre-Workout for Women VS Men
There is not much difference between the pre-workout for women and men. Being a woman, you can take any pre-workout meal or supplement as a man does. However, as women are lighter in weight as compared to men, so they need to take the smaller serving sizes. Other parameters will remain the same for both genders. So, try not to be a victim to those who want to sell their product by highlighted pre-workout supplements for women only.
Tips for Finding the Best Workout Drinks
- Look at the ingredient profile of the workout drink that you are going to purchase.
- Compare the ingredient profile by checking them on google. It will save you from being scammed.
- of serving and the size of servings are other parameters that you should take into account.
Negative Effects of Pre Workout
Pre-workout meal and supplements provide the easy and the best approach to get the extra energy before any workout. However, they are some side effects of any meal or supplements that you take to raise your power and energy.
- Pre-workout substances such as caffeine, elevate the body temperature which ultimately causes a lot of sweating, leading the body in the state of dehydration.
- The pre-workout meal or supplements are rich in carbohydrates which may cause the weight gain instead of weight loss if you are not tracking your calories closely.
- According to the University of Maryland Medical Centre, the excessive use of creatine may lead to kidney failure.
- Pre Workout substance may cause jitter or uncontrollable movement of your body parts because of the elevated energy level of the body.
A pre-workout is something that imparts immense energy and strength in you to achieve your goal during a workout. You can take pre-workout in the form of meal, snack, supplement and workout drinks. Summing this up, pre-workout has admirable benefits. That’s why they are being used all around the world. Comment below, what was your story for pre-workout? It will be helpful for others as well.